Friday, June 23, 2006

Greg bought an Xbox 360. I hear the graphics are amazing, it's a shame that we have to play it on a tv that has a giant yellow spot on the top right corner until it's warmed up, and which also insists on going blurry whenever it feels like it. But besides that France is my team in Fifa...I even beat Greg once. I've only played twice though, so I guess we're even. We also bought Kameo, which is colourful and doesn't require a lot of skill, so I like it.

So, I've decided to start training for a sprint triathlon. The difference between a sprint triathlon and a full triathlon are this: Sprint = 0.5 mile swim, Ironman = 2.5 mile swim; Sprint = 12 - 13 mile bike, Ironman = 112 mile bike; Sprint = 3 mile run, Ironman = 26 mile run. As you can see, there's quite a difference, but the sprint actually seems doable! Now, my original plan was to compete in the last Alberta sprint which is at the end of August, until I remembered the swim part. If any of you have ever seen me swim, you know that I don't so much swim as I do just slap my arms against the water and kick like I'm really trying to run as a means of getting to the other end of the pool. After thinking about that I decided to take a couple of lessons and aim for the first sprint of the year next year. We'll see how the training goes. The running won't be so bad, and I used to bike all the time, so getting back into it shouldn't be too hard either. However, I tried to do 12 miles on a stationary bike at the gym, and after 30 minutes of pedalling like crazy I had only gone about 5.5 miles! I think this bike is wrong! There's no way it can take that long... I remember a mile took no time at all!

Tasha is here for the summer! It's good to have a friend from home here. I've been showing Tasha what the GP club scene is like. er, I've been showing Tasha what the only dance bar in GP is like. Actually, she wanted to see cowboys, so we took her to a country bar where she wouldn't stop dancing with the cowboys! It was awesome. It also seems to be where all the good-looking, non-gross GP guys seem to be. If I was single and liked country music, I would be there all the time! Check out how crooked my mouth is in that pic! Holy Jean Chretien!

That's about all that's new for now. P.S. Can anyone tell me why my font won't change colour? It's purple on my draft, but not on the actual site!


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
YES! At last an update!!

Even though I knew your news(except the Xbox), it was good to read about it again, haha.

Keep it up champ;) and include lots of pics!

-Megs
 
That's pretty wonderful. Who doesn't like getting new stuff! (And I'm on the same page... it certainly is lovely getting an update from MJ!)
 
France!!

I'm looking forward to their game against Spain.

I'm jealous that you and Dub got the 360!! I bet you bought it just to tempt friends to fly out and visit...
 
It's true! But no one's here yet! Come out here Dan...it'll be worth the 360 play.
 
(Don't be convinced by Dan's fancy finger-typing... he's trying to foil our plans to go out west for march break by saying that we should go to FLORIDA instead. pft. Who needs a cruise?)
 
NO WAY! Come here and go skiing/snowboarding in the mountains! These were the original plans Dan, you can't just go changing them!
 
Pro Evo's better than Fifa
 
Did you just make that name up for yourself Matty?
 
They DO need nurses! So you should come too, you can help me with my swimming!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?